Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing, the Social Media Manager leads the social media marketing activity for Trainline, ensuring social is a core part of our integrated marketing campaigns and a key brand channel
- You will be responsible for building out an approach that establishes social as a core owned media channel across our key markets (UK, FR, IT, ES, DE)
- Establish an always on social strategy that will build our follower base and engagement
- Lead the social execution of GTM (go-to-market) campaigns, working with the head of brand marketing to deliver a social campaign aligned to business and campaign OKRs
- Working with partner agencies to deliver influencer campaigns that will enhance marketing campaigns
- Working closely with the head of content to deliver social content that is right for the customer
- Working closely with the content and creative team to build creative assets
- Customer understanding and ensuring customer insight is fed into the social strategy
- Working closed with the PR team to ensure consumer PR activity is supported
- Measurement and optimization
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience working in social media in commercial environments, ideally in e-commerce or travel
- Strong understanding of the social landscape, algorithm changes and emerging platforms
- Confident working with different campaign objectives
- Strong customer centric approach
- Experience managing internal stakeholders
- Experience working with external agencies
- Knowledge of social listening tools
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.