Destination Canada is looking for a Senior Manager, Global Marketing, Business Events , to join our team in Vancouver as we inspire travellers to explore Canada.
The incumbent leads the development of business events marketing and communications plans, integrating with leisure marketing plans in target international markets, and manages and reports on marketing campaigns by working closely with internal marketing teams and agencies. Serves as the point of contact for business events team at headquarters and helps resolve operational issues and make process improvements.
This role develops the strategy for the Business Events market over a 1-3 year timeframe, in alignment with the wider global marketing strategy and framework.
This role also contributes/feeds into the wider global marketing strategy. It oversees the development of annual marketing plans in response to this longer-term strategy. This includes collaborating with DC’s research/data & analytics teams to ensure market research studies and insights are integrated into and inform the marketing strategy, plans and measures. This role is responsible for setting and achieving annual targets for the market.
Destination Canada strives to be an agile organization that responds to a fast-paced industry. The incumbent will require the skills and personal attributes to support this goal.
If this describes you, perhaps you could be our first Senior Manager, Global Marketing, Business Events.
- Leads the development of strategic marketing plans and objectives for the Business Events market within the wider global marketing strategic framework.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Business Events marketing strategy through to tactical execution. This includes:
- Overseeing the development of marketing and tactical plans
- Leading direct reports and the wider cross functional team that implements the Business Events marketing program
- Managing relationships with invested partners, including developing processes for working with, updating, and resolving issues
- Managing contracts/vendor procurement for the domestic market; managing relationships with suppliers/agencies and resolving performance issues
- Leading the creation and managing the production of paid content, working with external suppliers such as agencies and publishers as well as internal functional leads
- Working with internal digital paid media and MR/PR teams to develop and execute media plans and pitch stories to business events media
- Tracking and managing execution of marketing plans, liaising with regional marketing leads on an ongoing basis, and reports performance of marketing activities to co-invested partners
- Manages the development, production and use of all business events marketing assets and collateral
- Leverages Business Events market activities by strategically sharing and recommending key insights, content, and practices from the domestic market to other markets and vice versa
EDUCATION: Undergraduate education in Marketing (or other related field) or equivalent training and experience
EXPERIENCE: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- Experienced marketing professional with 8-10 years of experience, including managing integrated international cross-channel campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of marketing and communications principles and practices, including diverse understanding of channels and tactics.
- Project management
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Process improvement
- Strategy development and strategic thinking
PERSONAL SUITABILITY: Effective interpersonal relationships; creativity; judgment; results-oriented; discretion; confidentiality; diplomacy; detail-oriented.
ENTITLEMENT TO WORK: You must certify in your application that you are legally entitled to work in Canada or have the ability to obtain the necessary approvals to work in Canada. Destination Canada reserves the right to require that you provide proof of your legal entitlement to work in Canada at any time.
Please note that Destination Canada will not be providing relocation assistance.
NOTE: You must be able to provide proof of your education credentials if requested. When applying, candidates must clearly demonstrate in writing that they meet the above-mentioned education and experience criteria.
At Destination Canada, we believe that people who think like us, and people who don't, make the best teammates.
We believe that Canada's diversity, its greatest asset, is also what touches travellers' hearts most deeply. To that end, we are committed to inclusive leadership within our workforce, workplace, and interactions with partners and travellers alike.
Destination Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to reflecting Canada's diversity through fair and accessible hiring and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Applicants requiring accommodation throughout the process are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the hiring process.
Our workplace is bilingual with communications, resources and services provided in both of Canada's official languages. Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Candidates are asked to indicate their first official language and their preferred official language in their application. Interviews are primarily conducted in the language of work.