GetAboutAble is an Australian social enterprise that empowers people with mobility, hearing, vision, and other accessibility needs to participate in travel & leisure activities and helps the travel & leisure sector be more inclusive for people with disability. Our objective is to inspire people with accessibility needs to get out and about.
We are a fun, dynamic and fast-growing team dedicated to making it easier to find information about accessible & inclusive activities through our website www.getaboutable.com
About this position
GetAboutAble is seeking a Sales Officer to join our team. Your role would be to solicit paid business subscriptions on getaboutable.com and increase the number of travel agents using our marketplace for bookings.
To work on the long term with us it is important that you demonstrate that you are the right fit for GetAboutAble’s disability-friendly start-up environment.
Initially 10 hours/week but could increase with increased revenue
1. Engaging with the travel, tourism & leisure sectors and other businesses, with a focus on the Asian-Pacific region to:
a. Solicit paid business subscriptions to our enhanced/premium listings offer and marketplace listings
b. Present other getaboutable services
2. Engaging with our current clients to make sure their needs are met
3. Seeking feedback on and improving GetAboutAble’s offerings
4. Generating enough income to sustain/expand position beyond
You will also be expected to:
1. Suggest new leads and other growth opportunities for getaboutable.com
2. Work proactively and constructively in GetAboutAble’s disability-friendly start-up environment
3. Get involved in the sales strategy
Skills / personal qualities
1. Strong understanding of disability, accessibility and inclusion issues; a lived experience with disability is highly desirable, but not essential
2. Strong sales skills; previous experience in the travel & leisure or tourism sectors is highly desirable
3. Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, while also being a positive influence and contributor to a team
Working conditions and remuneration
GetAboutAble welcomes employees anywhere in Australia with our entire team working remotely. We are a fully inclusive social enterprise and people from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful applicant can be remunerated either as a contractor with a commission on sales or as a paid casual employee under the Clerks Private Sector Award at $27.03 - $34.15 per hour, depending on skills and experience.
How to apply - POSITION TO BE FILLED ASAP
Send your CV and a statement addressing duties and skills/personal qualities desired for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be assessed as received.