Tourism Australia (TA) has an exciting opportunity for a Public Relations and Communications Manager with our team in Singapore.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing communications that promote Australia as a leading destination for Singaporean consumers through Public Relations activities and positioning Tourism Australia as the leading National Tourism Office (NTO) in Singapore.
Additionally, this role is responsible for managing issues that may affect Tourism Australia’s reputation and for working with aligned Australian Government Agencies to monitor issues that may affect Australia’s reputation as a leisure or business events destination.
We think big and without borders… We have a proud history of doing innovative and ground-breaking work. And we’re not done yet.
We make each other better… We’re one team. We value diversity and listen to all opinions before aligning on the best way forward, but robust discussion makes our work stronger.
We do the right thing… We are respectful of communities, cultures, and the earth we all inhabit, and take our responsibility to care for all three seriously.
We only do work that makes a difference… There’s so much we can do, and want to do, but we focus on the things that will add the most value to our industry.
We’re obsessed with telling the Australian story… We’re passionate out Australia, her land, nature, people, and culture. And We’re proud of our role in sharing her story with the world.
You will be responsible for delivering and achieving the following:
- Develop and implement local measurable Public Relations strategies incorporating all media channels and word-of-mouth advocacy aimed at proactively engaging with Tourism Australia’s key external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement the annual International Media Hosting Program plan and Visiting Opinion Leaders Program (where relevant) including inviting media and opinion leaders to Australia, coordinating visits following Tourism Australia’s procedures, monitoring and clipping articles/blogs and recording results.
- Develop and implement Advocacy programs that provide opportunities for Tourism Australia to work with key influencers and who will tell the Australian story to their own networks.
- Managing Tourism Australia’s media profile in-market including managing media relationships, managing the media database, responding to media inquiries in a timely manner, generating and distributing media materials, responding to media issues, monitoring and clipping media.
- Supporting the Regional General Manager on that are or may potentially influence the reputation of Tourism Australia or Australia as a leisure and/or business events destination.
- Developing quality content to be used across media channels which could include but is not limited to image selection and the scripting of press releases, fact sheets, feature stories, newsletters, brochures, magazine copy, trend reports, destination guides, online materials, speeches and presentations and maintaining the regional section of the consumer website/ international media website, where applicable.
- Managing all public relations budgets effectively with a variance of no more than +/- 1%.
- Working with and building mutually beneficial relationships with State Tourism Organisation teams and representatives.
- Provide monthly input to regional reporting requirements in terms of trends, shifts and general activity in the markets.
- Manage contracting and procurement needs of the marketing team in accordance with TA procedures and policies.
At TA, we believe that creating a strong, healthy and positive culture, is the secret to making extraordinary things happen.
To succeed in this role, your profile will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Public Relations or related discipline
- Previous experience in Public Relations (minimum of four years)
- Highly developed English language skills (reading/writing and oral/aural)
- Highly developed regional languages skills (where appropriate)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent understanding of public relations strategy development and activity measurement
- Understanding of search leverage public relations
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Good understanding of Australia including Australian tourism products
- Prior experience in Financial Management, including Budget Management
- Demonstrated experience in developing media relationships
- Excellent media networks and relationship building expertise