Investment Grants Manager
Job Location: Remote
Type: Part-time contract assignment
This is a part-time (approximately 10-15 hours/week), consulting opportunity and the period of performance of the project is approx. 6 months with a potential for extension. The period would be from Jan 2022 to Sep 2022.
About The Sigmund Project
The Sigmund Project is the tourism industry's first digital not-for-profit dedicated to advancing travel through innovation and collaboration. Our goal is to support the interconnectivity of the tourism industry and illustrate how collaborators can create new solutions to the challenges facing us today. Learn more about Sigmund here: https://thesigmundproject.org/about-us
About Sigmund’s Investment Grants Program
We are passionate about ideas at the intersection of people, planet, and profit. We’re in search of the next socially minded, environmentally conscious and fiscally sound idea to transform the tourism industry. All applicants must be a collaboration of two entities. Rather than just investing traditional capital, we invest creative capital that provides startups and founders with the flexibility and security to grow their business in a way that makes the most sense. To help our grant recipients grow and scale, we offer active post-investment support and guidance in the areas of strategy, governance, customer insights and other important disciplines. Learn more about our Investment Grants program launching in 2022 here. https://thesigmundproject.org/investment-grants
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical, administrative, and other support to the investment grantees during the implementation of investment grant activities.
- Work to create international structure and documentation for all parties
- Oversee all grants awarded under The Sigmund Project to ensure their award and implementation comply fully with program requirements.
- Support The Sigmund Project team in providing grant-related training and other support to grantees, as appropriate.
- Coordinate and support the Sigmund Board of Advisors in mentorship of award winners.
- Conduct pre-award audits of possible grantees and post-award audits during implementation and at close-out.
- Monitor financial management of grant funds to ensure consistency with agreed technical plan and for compliance.
- Monitor technical implementation of grants to ensure timely progress and continued alignment with The Sigmund Project objectives, proposed strategy, and work plans.
- Upload and maintain grants files in compliance with The Sigmund Project protocol.
- Make sure all investment grant recipients become profitable!
- Provide the required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, including investment grants results reporting.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of international investment grants.
- Prior experience implementing, managing, and overseeing grants
- Demonstrated knowledge in grants administration, policies, and procedures
- Fluency in English is required
- Global comfort is a must
- Experience with VC funding is a plus