The Marketing Department Coordinator reports to the Vice President, Marketing and Business Development in the Marketing department, which also includes public relations and digital marketing staff. Provides administrative support to the VP, Marketing & Business Development and will support the department in a variety of capacities, including but not limited to: preparation of various written communications, mail handling, meeting planning, telephone coverage, reporting, booking travel, data entry and expense reporting.
- Assists the Vice President of Marketing with department operations.
- Assist in the production of corporate publications (Annual Report, Marketing Plan and Six-Month Newsletter), including schedules and spreadsheets to track project statuses.
- Monitor inventory of all company publications, collateral and promotional items; coordinate production, order fulfillment and deliveries with vendors.
- Manage fulfillment and distribution program for consumer and corporate publications.
- Manage 800 number vendor program.
- Manage reader service program.
- Plan and organize various meetings, activities and/or events as directed.
- Organize, maintain and archive various departmental records.
- Assist with the preparation of departmental written communications, including marketing programs, reports, charts, tables, graphs, presentations, etc. Review copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate edits. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and external vendors, including high-level staff and partner organizations.
- Prepare department expense reports, invoices, financial reporting and other financial transactions as assigned (e.g. purchase orders, invoice requests, check requests, etc.)
- Provide support for communications staff activities as requested.
- Assist in planning and organization of various department activities and events including but not limited to: press conferences, trade shows, tours, travel writer receptions, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly coverage reports.
- Assist in the accurate and timely maintenance of domestic and international media lists in company database.
- Ordering and inventory tracking of media gifts and other promotional materials.
- Entering in-kind, expenses and trades into organization’s chosen database.
- Plan, reserve and monitor travel.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail for the marketing and communication department.
- Coordinate mass mailings via material orders, preparation of mailing labels, stuffing envelopes or working with vendors as necessary.
- Provide back-up coverage to front desk/main switchboard i.e. receptionist breaks, lunch period and/or absences.
- Attend and assist with company and departmental events as assigned.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibly.
Four-year degree in a relevant field of study. Relevant field of study includes Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or English.
Minimum of one (1) year experience in Marketing; internship is preferred.
- Proficient technology application skills; Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), MS Outlook and internet skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Effective interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and capable of communicating in a professional manner with a diverse range of individuals.
- Efficient and proven organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously while meeting stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented.
- Resourceful problem solving and follow up skills.
- Proactive; solid analytical skills; detailed oriented.
- Reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive.
$54,000 to $62,000
- Must be able to sit for extended period of time
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.