You are a product-development native, somebody who loves the art and science of creating extraordinary experiences. You are a storyteller and expert magic maker and you have global supply relationships and the RFP process on lock. You deeply understand the guest experience and dynamics of group travel.
You are a travel designer who honors the authenticity of a destination and can infuse personality and brand-focus into any experience. You thrive on building trips that showcase and support the people and places you visit, and result in moments of joy, surprise and delight.
You are a destination expert with deep product knowledge and have razor sharp, consumer instincts and insights. You have an extensive portfolio of trips you have created for commercial tour operations. You are process driven, highly organized and creative.
You’re ready to join the team of a fast-growing startup and lead global trip development.
What you’ll do
Be part of Modern Adventure’s Experience team which designs, operates and markets our co-branded travel and content experiences.
- Report to the Head of Experiences, and manage the development of Modern Adventure experiences.
- Be responsible for the success of the trip development process including: RFP and vendor selection, itinerary development, supplier negotiations contracting and pricing.
- Create trips that span diverse geographies, audience segments, focus, personality and price points, while maintaining the quality and principles of a Modern Adventure experience.
- Represent Modern Adventure’s tenet of using travel as a force for good and those of our partners in the development and curation of all experiences.
- Be a subject-matter expert and consultant to internal stakeholders.
- Manage the process and documentation for all stages of trip development (trip ideation, green-light, design, itinerary build, pricing, asset gathering, hand off to product team).
- Design experiences that capitalize, amplify and celebrate our partners brand heritage, IP, and key stories.
- Create and continually refine our experience offering to be the leader and innovator in the immersive travel space.
- Own the big picture and every detail of our trip development process and trip quality standards.
- Move from the strategic to the tactical with the ability to execute on both
- Do great work and be great to work with
What you’ll bring
- Energy, critical thinking, business acumen, vision
- Knowledge, proven success, a process road map
- 7+ years of roles in Trip Development / Experience Design
- People management experience
- Deep destination and market trend knowledge and insight
- A proven track record in the creation and implementation of TD process, operator management and escorted group travel
- Deep connections to global luxury operators / DMCs
- The ability to work in a fluid, collaborative environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Hustle, courage, humility
What We’ll Give You
- Guidance, support, inspiration
- A fast-paced learning environment
- The opportunity to build something beautiful and make a difference
- Health benefits
- Exceptional travel opportunities
- Paid holidays and vacation
- A great place to work
About Modern Adventure
We partner with tastemakers across many disciplines, and with mission-driven companies who are doing remarkable things. It’s our job to create extraordinary travel experiences that bring our partners points of view, and why they exist, to life. We believe in making a difference in people's lives. We have the privilege of working with some of the world’s most inspired and inspiring brands and we are fiercely committed to delivering exceptional experiences on all seven continents.
We’re also a start-up. That means we’re small, nimble, and about finding the right fit for our team. You want to help build a company who dares to do big things and dreams of making a difference in the world. So do we.