ZappTax is an innovative tax-free shopping mobile app that makes it easy for travelers to get 20% tax back on their shopping in France, Spain and Belgium and soon in the rest of Europe.
Each year, more than 100 million non-EU residents travel to the EU and purchase billions of euros in reclaimable tax with only a fraction of it being refunded. Why? The current process is fraught with inefficiencies: lots of paper, long queues, high fees and poor customer service. Besides, a vast majority of stores don’t even offer tax refunds.
That’s why we developed an entirely new digital process from scratch, allowing travelers to easily claim tax refunds wherever they shop by simply uploading pictures of their purchase invoices on our app.
Since our start in 2017, we’ve grown our Brussels and China team from 3 to 20. We are sufficiently funded and are now ready to accelerate our growth.
ZappTax is at the crossroads of the fintech, retail and tourism industry. Besides offering cheap and effortless tax refunds, we have many more ideas in store to become a digital platform connecting local retailers with global travelers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To achieve our user growth objectives, we are looking for a content and data-driven marketing and communication director responsible for getting the word out about ZappTax with a focus on driving strong user acquisition across a variety of online and offline channels.
Working from our Brussels office, your responsibilities include defining a comprehensive growth marketing and communication plan and driving its execution. You are skilled at guerilla marketing, are metrics-driven, and have hands-on experience with web analytics and automation tools to scale your impact. You can turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects. You also ensure that all marketing content is on-brand and in line with our identity. We also expect you to craft ideas and insights to be used to drive coverage with key audiences (media outlets, influencers, partners). Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand throughout all our marketing activities.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to engage with a global audience. Sharing your insights as a key staff member, you will help shape not only the strategy and the product, but also the company and culture.
What you will need to do
- Define and execute overall marketing and communication strategy and budget.
- Build a full-fledged marketing team to accelerate our growth in key markets across Europe.
- Drive acquisition from paid marketing channels online and offline.
- Manage all content and inbound marketing.
- Work with product and development team to develop lifecycle marketing strategies, leveraging website (landing pages), email, push notification, SMS and in-app channels.
- Test new marketing actions and monitor results using digital metrics.
- Report and communicate performance to promote shared understanding of performance, marketing strategy, ROI, and opportunities.
- Oversee the production and consistency of all marketing material.
- Develop and implement PR campaigns to drive awareness and coverage of ZappTax service with key audiences.
What you need to know
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a similar role or in consulting, preferably in a growth environment.
- Analytics: proven track record of executing A/B tests, optimizing campaigns using KPIs and other productivity metrics (ROI, CAC) and translating data into insights.
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills: clear and concise communicator with an innate sense of how to create content that resonates.
- Experience with performance and inbound/content marketing leveraging various tools and platforms.
- Native French speaker + superb command of English
How you need to be
- Living and breathing marketing, you believe branding and design is what drives everything.
- Your approach is first and foremost data-driven and customer-led.
- You are detail-oriented, analytical and data-obsessed and rigorous.
- You have an empathetic but assertive attitude.
- You care deeply about the quality of your work and how it impacts customers and brand.
Nice to have
- Design experience is a plus.
- Additional language skills (Dutch, Spanish…).
- Proficiency with front end development tools, image creation and editing to create landing pages, modify existing web pages and implement experiments.
WHY JOIN US?
We are a B2C startup with an innovative concept addressing a vast and untapped global consumer pool with tons of growth hacking opportunities for you to play with!
You will join a team split between Brussels and Chongqing (China) that nurtures a user-focused, low-drama, hard-working and open atmosphere.
We’re growing fast but are still at an early stage so there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact. We want to build great products and a company culture that promotes diversity, trust, balance and autonomy.
Jean-Marie Wodon, co-founder
+32 495 218368
+33 7 80 95 55 25