The Guest Experience Manager oversees and supports the day-to-day operations of the Napa Valley Welcome Center including retail operations and concierge services. The Guest Experience Manager is an ambassador responsible for providing exemplary guest concierge service to visitors at the Napa Valley Welcome Center while facilitating guest experience and engagement through innovative digital encounters.
The ideal candidate will be friendly and professional and have a passion for guest engagement and the Napa Valley.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a brand ambassador for on-premise brand experience at the Napa Valley Welcome Center.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Partner and Guest Experience in the positioning and branding of Napa Valley within the Welcome Center platform.
- Train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate Napa Valley Welcome Center staff.
- Manage Welcome Center performance in guest services, staffing, guest data collection, partner referral, retail operations, and the implementation of health and safety protocols in public areas.
- Daily oversight of opening and closing procedures, coordinate breaks and lunches, providing coverage personally as necessary.
- General office and CRM database responsibilities, including reporting.
- Maintain facility operations.
- Serve as the first point of contact for any escalated visitor or employee complaints, issues, or questions. Take appropriate action where necessary regarding access or safety issues in the Welcome Center including notifying the Sr. Manager of Partner and Guest Experience.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly sales and demographic reports in a timely manner.
- Schedule and execute monthly meetings with Welcome Center staff and Sr. Manager
- Support retail operations and cross-train on associated functions.
- Together with the Sr. Manager of Partner and Guest Experience, manage events held at the Welcome Center; including scheduling, set-up, staff management, clean up, etc.
- Act as concierge to provide information to visitors regarding Napa Valley hotels, wineries, local activities & attractions, the Napa Valley region and any other pertinent guest inquiries - with an emphasis on strategic recommendations based on guest needs and stakeholder interests, utilizing a variety of platforms
Requirements – Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills delivered in a friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrated passion for providing a high level of customer service.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and diplomacy in all Visit Napa Valley related matters.
- Tech savvy is a must; with the ability to continue to drive innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with culturally diverse audiences of varying ages.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, management, partners and the general public.
- A team player, flexible, fun, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Willingness and ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must have a passion for food and wine.
- Confident public speaker.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Multilingual fluency is always a benefit
- Must be available to work weekends, and have flexible hours throughout the week.
- This is a hands-on, floor based position requiring the ability to comfortably stand and talk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Requirements – Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years of experience in a management role; preferably in a tasting room.
- Experience in inspiring and motivating staff rather than supervising is critical.
- Experience in the Napa Valley hospitality industry; knowledge of the Napa Valley wine and/or tourism industry.
- Experience creating and generating reports to reflect performance and analytics.
- Experience representing a luxury brand through customer service is preferred.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred; with area of study in the realm of hospitality or marketing.
Apply: Qualified candidates may send resume and cover letter to HR@VisitNapaValley.com.