GetAboutAble is an Australian social enterprise that empowers people with mobility, hearing, vision, and other accessibility needs to participate in travel & leisure activities and helps the tourism sector be more inclusive for people with disability. Our objective is to inspire people with accessibility needs to get out and about.
We are a fun, dynamic and fast-growing team dedicated to making it easier to find information about accessible & inclusive activities through our website getaboutable.com.
About this position
GetAboutAble is seeking a Bookkeepeeŕ/Finance Officer to join our disability-friendly start-up environment. Your role would be to help manage the finances of getaboutable.com which will contribute to our sustainable growth.
2 to 10 hours/week
You will work with GetAboutAble's Founding Director and outsourced accountant and be responsible for:
- Accounts payable and receivable
- General Ledger Journals and Financial Reporting
- Balance Sheet and P&L
- Quarterly BAS returns including GST and PAYG reconciliation
- Bank Reconciliations
- Payroll, including: a. Workers compensation and wage subsidy reporting b. Superannuation lodgements
- Monthly reporting and financial analysis including activity-based costing using Xero
You will also be expected to contribute financial input to GetAboutAble's:
- Forecasting and business analysis
- Grant applications and acquittals
Skills / personal qualities
- Previous experience with accounting software is necessary, preferably Xero.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, while also being a positive influence and contributor to a team.
- Understanding of disability, accessibility and inclusion issues is essential. A lived experience with disability is highly desirable.
Working conditions and remuneration
GetAboutAble welcomes employees anywhere in Australia with our entire team working remotely. We are a fully inclusive social enterprise and people from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful applicant will be remunerated as a paid casual employee under the Clerks Private Sector Award at $27.03 - $34.15 per hour, depending on skills and experience.
How to apply
Send your CV and a statement addressing duties and skills/personal qualities relevant to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled when a suitable candidate is found.