Who we are:
It all started with one double decker bus in 1973 – and over four decades Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has grown to be one of the world’s largest travel retailers and corporate travel managers. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, FCTG has company-owned leisure and corporate travel businesses in 23 countries.
We are fellow travellers passionate about helping others see the world.
In a nutshell: we’re a family. We have many members from all different backgrounds, and our connections spread to the far reaches of the globe. We work hard, have fun, and open up the world for those who want to see.
About the opportunity:
The Content Manager for North America is an integral role in our Global Corporate Marketing strategy. Based in one of our Canadian hubs (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal), you will be working to produce engaging content that has a measurable impact on our customers and corporate brands (Corporate Traveller and FCM). Day to day you will be working in a small team of 5 writers globally based in our major hubs and you will primarily be responsible for content creation and coordination of freelancer or agency content creation.
Who you are:
You'll be full of creative ideas, but equally love getting stuck into delivering on a good brief. You are someone who can work autonomously and independently problem solve, as well as work within the greater brand or content team to deliver results, so you'll be backed by good communication and collaboration skills to contribute to the wider brand strategy.
This role would suit someone who has a passion for writing, along with a strong interest in content marketing to create purposeful, customer-led content.
This role is quite varied, covering content writing, production, and content project management, however, the most common day to day elements of the role include:
- Researching, planning, and creating content briefs for our corporate brands to produce high-performing content pieces.
- Writing and editing content pieces for corporate brands aligned to their customer insights and brand guidelines & TOV across a variety of mediums including websites, blogs, third-party sites, socials, emails, and more.
- Sourcing, organizing, and project managing freelancers or contractors for all overflow work when required to execute content production externally.
- Project managing content development from inception through to delivery.
- Ensuring all content produced is in line with SEO and broader digital marketing best practices and will ensure a positive on-site experience for the user.
- Completing content audits and creating content marketing strategies that are aligned to brand goals, objectives, and industry standards.
- Producing content in line with the agreed-upon schedule with the brands, by project managing your own schedule and deliverables.
- Liaise and receive feedback from the internal content team or brand directly about delivered work, and implement feedback given through the editing process.
- Meeting team face to face or via teleconference to discuss content strategy, results, progress, and next steps.
- Working closely with other teams including digital marketing & design to ensure strategies are well-aligned across disciplines and are all working to achieve brand goals.
- Proven experience in creating and executing digital content - ideally, we are looking for at least 1 -2 years minimum in publishing, agency, in-house, or freelance capacity.
- Experience in Corporate Travel/Travel Industry is highly desirable.
- An excellent writer with a proven ability to write engaging and accurate copy.
- Experience writing across a range of different formats, in particular, experience across blogs, landing pages, ad copy, and email content will be strongly regarded.
- Editing and proofing skills with strong attention to detail - exceptional spelling, grammar, and command of the English language.
- A passion for all things content marketing, and a keen interest to stay on top of the latest industry trends.
- Someone who is naturally curious and loves independently solving problems
- An ability to be creative and approach problem solving with ‘out of the box' thinking
- A high level of personal organization and the ability to take ownership and manage projects with many moving parts.
- High personal standards of customer service to external clients and internal teammates. This means meeting deadlines, being proactive and keeping flexible in your delivery to meet the goals of the client.
- Someone who enjoys working in a team environment and is comfortable communicating directly with clients.
- Confident across Office Suite, Google Suite (Analytics, Search Console)
- An existing understanding of SEO best practices
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid-time-off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits include vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP with matching
- Employee Share Plan
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering, and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location – Toronto, Vancouver, or Montreal
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award-winning culture then APPLY NOW!
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only applicants who provide a writing sample will be considered and, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.