We are looking for a driven, curious, self-motivated product manager to join us and grow with us. You’ll join as the second product manager on the team with many opportunities to design new product features, own parts of the product roadmap and take on additional ownership and responsibilities.
Kimkim is a fast-growing startup that helps travelers have unforgettable, authentic travel experiences. We deliver this through a marketplace that connects independent travelers with local specialists who design personalized itineraries including activities, accommodations, and transportation.
The supply side of the kimkim marketplace consists of passionate travel specialists in 90+ destinations around the world who work with top local activity operators, guides, and accommodations. All trips are 100% climate neutral.
As the post-pandemic travel market starts to accelerate, we are going after a unique opportunity to build a leading global travel company. We have a comprehensive, focused product roadmap to improve travel planning for both our supply-side (specialists) and demand-side (travelers).
About the Product Team
Kimkim is a travel marketplace. The product and engineering teams are building products to help our specialists, travelers, and our internal support team—in essence, 3 distinct products to drive the growth of the overall marketplace.
- For our specialists: we are building tools to quickly create beautiful itineraries and price them effectively. We build tools to help our specialists manage many concurrent ongoing traveler trips and tools to help prioritize their time for the most likely trips to book.
- For our travelers: we offer a fun and engaging onboarding experience, where travelers can tell us what they are looking for on their trip. This also helps us match them to the best available specialist. We are also experimenting with ways to increase brand loyalty as well as creating “6-star experiences” during the trip.
- For our internal team: we are building tools and metrics to help our team grow our specialist network in a “quality guaranteed” way. We identify best practices and try to train and encourage the rest of the partner network to adopt them. We share metrics that help pinpoint specific areas for growth and improvement for each partner company.
Read more about what we are building here. As an early member of our team, you will have the opportunity to shape these three distinct products.
Our product and engineering teams are based in the California Bay Area (Belmont and Berkeley) and plan to meet in San Francisco 2-3 times a week, working the other days remotely. The rest of the company is based in Boulder and Amsterdam, in Europe.
We work in a flexible way distributed across multiple time zones, with most communication asynchronous. Daily communication is over Slack and Zoom, and we rely on shared Google Docs, Jira, Figma, and Loom videos to communicate asynchronously.
- Itinerary Page redesign (Figma design/spec)
- Loom Videos (Bug reports, feature announcements, spec walkthroughs)
About the Associate Product Manager Role
Your responsibilities as a supplier side APM will include:
- Write detailed product specifications- epics, user stories to reduce friction and close gaps in the current product offerings.
- Translate product goals into wireframes and mock ups as well as detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering team.
- Drive the execution of product lifecycle processes for products, from product research to product launch
- Drive adoption of the product with training both internally and to our external partners.
- Prioritize the development roadmap by communicating closely with our key local specialists (supply side) and destination development team.
- You will evangelize the product vision and roadmap both internally and externally - including giving updates to customers, prospects and partners.
As a small but fast growing startup, we have many opportunities to take on ownership and responsibility. As travel comes back in 2022 we expect to re-grow quickly and sustainably, and expect the right candidate to grow with the team and take on additional responsibilities.
As an associate product manager at kimkim, you will be given ownership and responsibility for impactful projects. Because of the level of responsibility, we seek candidates with a track record of entrepreneurship or leadership experience, in addition to technical and product experience.
- You will have a keen eye for gaps in product offerings and the innovative mindset to find creative ways to close the gaps.
- You have the ability to drive customer engagement and design discovery conversations to understand the unspoken needs of the customer.
- You are a skilled analyst, with the ability to dive deep into the data to synthesize customer insights to help inform the design of the product.
- Experience driving cross-team alignment with crucial team members including engineering, external partners to understand requirements and business outcomes are achieved.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Excellent communicator, presenter, collaborator with the ability to work closely with a cross-functional team.
- Most of all, you are passionate about building great products — from conception through release.
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume (or apply on Angel.co) and some information about why you think you are a great fit for kimkim and this role.